Hoofin4Hooters

We are a group of women and Darrell who are committed to finding a cure to Breast Cancer. We participated for the first time in the Weekend to End Breast Cancer in Calgary in 2005 (all as walkers - 60km over 2 days - no small feat) and we return for the 2006 edition as a mixture of Walkers and Crew Members. Together we are working towards the End of Breast Cancer.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It only took 27 days...

Well, here's the official update from Chrissy - the community of Lloydminster and surrounding areas has stepped up and surpassed the No Hair Extraordinaire's goal of $10,000 - with 7 days to spare. Can't wait to see what the final number is next week when the hair is flying!!

Hey kids,

Thanks to a generous donation from a guy who really wants to see TJ go bald, we are now over the $10,000 mark… $10,936.46 to be exact!!! Hooray!! (Brenda, that includes the $70 you told me about today)

And, we still have donations to collect from TJ, and the head shaving at Santec on Friday, so I’m thinking we’ll be closer to $15,000 or $20,000 by the time we’re through. I’m in shock, I can’t believe the response, and I can’t thank you and everyone who has stepped up enough – this is beyond anything I ever expected.

Hope to see you all here on Tuesday for the shaving – noon, main entrance of the Atrium Centre.

And, anyone who would like to join me at Santec this Friday for their shaving party (and help me convince Curt a.k.a Excellen-C not to shave his moustache) you’re more than welcome! It’ll be at 3pm at the Santec shop at 4401 - 52 Street this Friday.

Okay, that’s it… I’ll keep you updated as more moolah comes in!!

Thank you all so so so so so so much!!!

Chrissy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home